We are currently looking for people to join our team for the following positions:
- Salon Manager
- Saskatchewan Licensed Journeyperson Hairstylist
- Apprentice Hairstylist
You should be an outgoing person who is passionate about the customer service experience. Ultimately, you will ensure all customers leave our salon satisfied with our services and feel happy with their new looks.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Adaptable and flexible
• Reliable and dependable
• Excellent time management skills
• Team player and client focused
• Good judgement
• Passionate about the latest trends in hair styling
Professional Requirements (Journeyperson Hairstylist):
• Saskatchewan Journeyperson Certificate in the hairstylist trade
• Minimum three (3) years of on-the-job experience in the field of hair cutting and styling.
• Complete knowledge, skill and passion in all aspects of color, straightening, cutting, styling and up-dos. Confident in resolving even the most complex color challenges.
• Good command of the English language to communicate with patrons
• Consulting with clients on stylistic options for their hair.
• Listening to client needs to determine their preferences.
• Shampoo and wash client’s hair
• Cut, trim and shave hair using professional equipment.
• Apply a wide range of hair coloring techniques, like bleach, highlights, dyes, frosting, ombre and balayage.
• Create hairstyles for formal events and everyday looks, including braids, ponytails, buns and permanents.
• Blow dry, curl, spike, roller set, twist client’s hair
• Apply hair treatment products, as needed (e.g. color protection creams and hydrating masks).
• Form bonds with loyal customers and remember their hairstyle preferences.
• Manage bookings and serve walk-ins.
• Ensure tidiness of beauty stations and sterilize tools, as needed.
• Cross-sell hair care products or services, when appropriate.
• Inform supervisor when supplies are running low
• Upon learning the company standards, may be required to supervise hairstylist apprentices
• Occasionally, required to answer phones and put them on hold
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Average Hours/week: 20-32
Wage: Will vary depending on position
Esttheva Hair Salon & Spa
19-102 Cope Crescent